- Templates (provided below)
- Craft knife (like X-Acto)
- 13 sheets of A4, 90 gsm (grams per square metre) white card stock
- Cutting mat
- Metal ruler
- Metal spoon
- Metallic paper in gold, copper and bronze
- Spray adhesive
- Metallic spray
- Square and circle stickers in black and/or gold
- Number stickers
- Double-sided tape
- Sweets or small gifts to place inside the houses
- Tissue paper
- Mini fir trees, glitter, fake snow and other winter-scene decorations of your choice
Using the template as a guide, cut a variety of metallic papers to size to decorate the sides of your houses. You can measure the square sides (1½ by 1½ inches, or 40 by 40 millimetres) and rectangular sides (1½ by 3 inches, or 40 by 80 millimetres) directly on the metallic papers. Cut the paper out with scissors and stick it onto your houses using a spray adhesive. If the shape covers more than one side, score the fold line on the metallic paper before sticking it on. Smooth these into position and allow to dry.
Then stick the all-important Advent number on the face of the box.
Metric conversions: The following templates produce houses that are about 1½ by 3 inches (40 by 80 millimetres) or 1½ inches (40 millimetres) square.